A bald person knows better the true worth of hair
by cosmeticchoice.com.au on 03/10/2011 - 12:32 pm |
In the area of cosmetics and in particular, hair, Australia is no different than anywhere else. Looking good is imperative in today's age. It is a fact that our hair plays a major role in shaping our appearance.
Our hair is also an indicator to the health of our body. A well, healthy, bouncy head of hair makes us feel good about ourselves and is a huge confidence booster. There are however those times when we have bad hair days. In Australia, having a bad hair day leads to a bad day overall.
And we probably expect too much from our hair products, which are really only cosmetics. In Australia, as elsewhere, one size does not fit all and our hair differs widely in type and texture, so it is very important to know your own hair well before embarking on any beauty regimen. Let us unravel the many mysteries of the hair using cosmetics as our example.
Hair adds to one's beauty, enhances youthfulness and upgrades one's personality. We all wish for glossy, thick and healthy hair as cosmetics. Australia live a hectic lifestyle and over exposure of scalp to heat, pollution, irritant chemicals and so forth, give rise to multiple hair problems. The causes are impoverishment and exposure to harsh shampoo styling chemicals.
There are some natural remedies of cosmetics. Australia has native and non-native herbs which have proved to be effective against the problem. Saw Palmetto, stinging nettle, lavender, are some of the herbs that were used as hair tonics to stop the condition and to promote new growth.
Dry, frizzy hair is the fourth problem. The causes could be heredity, diet deficient in proteins and vitamins, sun exposure, styling products, blow drying, use of curling irons, poor usage of hydrating products, poor intake of water, hormonal imbalance etc. Another problem is limp and excessively oily hair. The causes of this are many, from hormonal imbalance, illness, medication, nutritional deficiencies etc. Itchy scalp is also a hair related problem caused by dandruff, sunburn, sebaceous cyst, scalp ring worm, head lice, flaking, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, folliculitis, acne etc.
Taking care of hair is a challenge in these days what with harmful environmental factors, unhealthy lifestyle, chemicals affecting our hair on an everyday basis. Even if one is naturally endowed with healthy hair, adequate care needs to be taken to maintain it. This is one of the most important features of a person's personality. Treat your hair well and rest assured that it would return the favour.
Natural Home Remedies for Hair Loss
- Boil one cup mustard oil with four tablespoon henna leaves. Filter and keep it in a bottle. Massage into the bald patches regularly.
- Grind fenugreek seeds with water and apply to the hair. Leave for at least 40 minutes before washing off and continue it for a month.
- Rub the scalp vigorously with fingers after rinsing your hair with cold water.
- Rub the bald area with onions till the skin becomes red. Then apply honey and watch the hair grow.
- Make a mixture of honey with egg yolk. Massage well into the scalp and hair. Leave for a 1/2 hour, before washing
- Apply fresh leaf juice of amaranth to the hair. It will help both hair growth and in keeping hair soft.
- Saw Palmetto is one active ingredient used in treating male pattern baldness.
Home Remedies for Hair Care
- Mix the juice of one lemon with the paste of the root of banyan tree and wash your hair with it. A coconut oil massage after the wash will prevent hair loss.
- Using lemon juice for the final rinse during wash makes dull hair lustrous.
- Massaging scalp with camphorated coconut oil removes dandruff.
- Massaging scalp with a mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice also solves the dandruff problem.
- massaging the scalp with aloe, it helps to promote blood circulation and ensuring a healthy balance.
- Mix edible oil and honey in the ratio 1:1, apply on head and keep for about 20 minutes. Then wash off with cold water.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water and apply on hair 15-20 minutes preceding hair wash. This remedy will reduce dullness of hair, making it glossy and bouncy.
- Apply a puree of carrots on hair and keep for 15 minutes. Then rinse hair with cold water. This is a remedy for sticky, oily hair.
- Application of astringent on scalp and hair removes excess oil from oily hair.
Mix 1 teaspoon Aloe Vera gel and lemon juice and add the mixture to one-fourth of any herbal shampoo. Wash with it to get rid of the problem of excessively oily hair.
- Washing with white vinegar makes hair healthy.
- Apply cucumber puree on hair 15 minutes before wash. This imparts luster and heaviness to hair.
- Application of a paste of Indian gooseberry on hair checks greying.
- Mix yolks of 2 eggs, vinegar and almond oil. Apply the mixture thoroughly to the head and keep for 15 minutes. Then rinse off with cold water. Will cure dryness.
- Daily massage with coconut oil or castor oil or olive oil to get rid of dry, frizzy hair.
- Add 2 tablespoon gram flour to a cup of coconut milk and apply on scalp and hair. Keep for 5 minutes and then wash off. This relieves the problem of dry scalp and hair.
Hair loss is a major problem these days among men and women.
The main causes of hair loss include heredity, weak follicular structure, dandruff, scaling, scalp tenderness, hormonal imbalance, and traumatic injury, and prolonged illness, pulling habit, aggressive combing and certain medications.
Premature greying is another problem. The main causes of greying are genes, stress, severe illness, worry, shock, sorrow, malnutrition and improper protein synthesis.
Dull hair is the third problem.
For more information, the following are major hair loss causes:
- Lack of vitamins (specially vitamin B6 and folic acid) in diet
- Inadequate nutrition and improper diet
- Stress, worry, anxiety, and sudden shock
- Heredity factors
- Prolonged Illness (like typhoid, syphilis, chronic cold, influenza, and anaemia)
- Unclean condition of the scalp
- Poor blood circulation
Lemon juice seems to have all kinds of properties and the lemon tree is very pretty